IRM of static equipment and structures
Static equipment refers to objects that are part of a processing or manufacturing process that do not have any mechanical or moving parts. We carry out IRM for various types of static equipment namely boilers, unfired pressure vessels, heat exchangers, columns, reactors and separators.
Both boilers and unfired pressure vessels are commonly used in process based industrial plants. Boilers are large pressure vessels that contain water or other liquids that are heated up to produce steam or for other purposes. Our IRM of boilers are specifically for steam boilers. Pressure vessels are large containers designed to hold materials, commonly liquids or gasses under high pressure. As boilers are a special type of pressure vessels, sometimes boilers are referred to as fired pressure vessels, while pressure vessels that are not subjected to external heat are referred to as unfired pressure vessels.
Heat exchangers are devices used to efficiently transfer heat from one medium (for example liquid or gas) to another without coming into direct contact with each other.
Structures are other objects that are not directly involved in the processing function, but are part of the overall plant facilities. Some examples of static structures include piping systems, pipe racks and truss, storage tanks, skids and scaffoldings.
We provide the following types of IRM services for static equipment and structures:
- scheduled maintenance, which are normally carried out at predetermined intervals of time;
- unscheduled maintenance, which refers to ad-hoc repair services that are undertaken for specific problems or failures that occur suddenly or are unplanned.
Types of IRM Services Offered
Boilers & Unfired Pressure Vessels
- Inspection and preparation of repair methods based on the ASME code of practice, which incorporates safety, health and environmental elements
- Liaising with inspecting authorities to witness repair work and other necessary tests in accordance with the ASME code of practice or its equivalent
- Chemical cleaning to eliminate scaling and to minimise equipment failure
- Refractory repairs and modifications to eliminate heat leakage
- Bore scope or video scope inspection, hydro jet cleaning, hydro testing, re-tubing and other repair work
- Cleaning, replacement of damaged pipes, repair of weld defects, composite wrapping and pipe straightening
- Repair services for piping system, including among others, industrial process piping system in accordance to ASME, API, ASTM codes and standards